Banding on MKIII and Some New User Questions

Started Dec 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP Bob Markey II Contributing Member • Posts: 679
Re: Banding on MKIII and Some New User Questions

I used the MKIII with low-light sports for the first time today and came away pretty pleased with it.

First, I noticed none of the banding I have been experiencing shooting real estate photos.

The servo AF seemed pretty quick and able to follow the action pretty well, maybe a bit better than my MKIIn does.

I shot manual exposure (mainly 1/650 at F/2.0) with the trusty 85 1.8, at ISO 2500 to 3200. I found 3200 to be about as good as the 1600 on the MKIIn.

Here is a gallery I posted on the Florida Atlantic University sports Web site to which I contribute. A few of the images are cropped and had some auto-corrections. None had any noise reduction. A few are soft. It might be my error, or perhaps an issue with the lens (noticed many soft previously images with the MKIIn).

http://www.fauowlsnest.com/forum/topicview/misc/fau-men-s-basketball/photos-men-s.htm

So, MKIII users, is this about what I can expect from this body?

I plan to mail it to CPS tomorrow for a complete check. My next game is not for 15 days, so I have a bit of time.

Bob Markey II's gear list:Bob Markey II's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow