Do we really need Sandisk Extereme Pro 95mbps read & 90mbps write speed?

Started Dec 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Aberaeron Veteran Member • Posts: 6,661
Re: Do we really need Sandisk Extereme Pro 95mbps read & 90mbps write speed?

Vikas Rana wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

Aberaeron wrote:

How do you know the write speed of the 77/99 is faster than the 57/58/65?

Tests have shown that they write faster.

As far as I can see, everyone is guessing on assumptions that are based largely on guesswork.

The only thing we are guessing about is the peak write speed. There is no guesswork involved in the average write speed.

The average write speed of the a77 is higher than the average write speed of the cheaper models.

In fact it is much higher than any camera using 1 SD card without UHS-1 support will be theoretically able to achieve. The bus speed of the fastest non-UHS SD spec. is 25 MB/s.

While posting from this phone, I am not aware of what model camera Vikas, the OP, uses. Therefore the relevance of the relative speeds between the two higher end slt models and the other models with regard to the two higher speed UHS-1 cards is also not known to me. Perhaps you would be as kind as to explain the relevance?

I clearly mentioned there: Has anyone compared Sony SD card with Sandisk Extreme Pro on any Sony DSLR/SLTs? Does Sandisk Extreme Pro really make a difference on Sony cameras?

And I said that I saw no difference between the standard UHS-1 45mbs card and the very high speed card. This was in a Sony camera. Not  Sandisk but the nearest equivalent cards available and directly comparable..

Aberaeron's gear list:Aberaeron's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Sony SLT-A57 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow