14-54MkII vs 12-60 SWD Locked

Started Dec 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Paul Auclair Veteran Member • Posts: 4,701
Re: 14-54MkII vs 12-60 SWD

goblin wrote:

Paul Auclair wrote:
...I NOW HAVE A THIRD COPY AND WILL NEVER TAKE IT OUT OF THE BAG AND CAN NOT SELL IT FOR FEAR ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE IT BLOWS UP AS WELL.

Gee, this sounds like a tragedy I sympathize.

Tell you what - send it my way - i will take the risk, and guess what - I will charge you only a small fee for the risk, and if it blows up i won't even sue you, unless it hurts me during the explosion :d

this 12-60 is my third copy and this third copy has been to the repair facility once and has not been used since. if i remember right the second copy also was to the repair facility once (and then was exchanged for the third copy) when it went straight back for the same repair.

* i never asked nor hinted, in any way shape or form, for any of the 12-60s i've had in possession to be replaced. they were all replaced as a result of Olympus' decision making *

my one and only plan for this lens involves a large anvil (or other similar hard flat surface), a very large hammer, and, a large envelope addressed to Olympus.

i can not fathom when i will ever ever ever use this lens again so it should very likely last forever.

if some strange miraculous event occurs so that this lens should ever be mounted to any camera i own or supervise and it blows up i will put my plan into action.

While we're on it - if you have a car hanging around in your garage or something, which you no longer use because it broke twice on you before - just send it as well. Put the lens in the trunk.

you can not have my truck. it works.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Paul

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow