Do we really need Sandisk Extereme Pro 95mbps read & 90mbps write speed?

Started Dec 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vikas Rana
OP Vikas Rana Contributing Member • Posts: 916
Re: Do we really need Sandisk Extereme Pro 95mbps read & 90mbps write speed?

DaPonti wrote:

Vikas Rana wrote:

DaPonti wrote:

The a58 doesn't support UHS. The only slts that do are the a77 and a99. Any other camera will max out at 25 MB/s, the limit of the SD spec. A basic class 10 card will limit your camera, but there's no point paying extra for write speeds above those 25 MB/s.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/romainpontida/

Your source for this information??

I asked recently in the Sony Community forums.

Its still doubtful. Getting 6fps on A58 is questionable. The actual reputation of A58 is 5fps in 1st second followed by 1fps, whereas I got 6fps in 1st second and 3fps later on. A77 got 4fps followed by 12fps.

Vikas Rana wrote:

Alan, Its not about saving 30 bucks, 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro cost here $100, Sony 32GB 45mbps cost here $40 and So I do not want to spend $100 for a camera without knowing the actual write speed of a camera

If that helps, Amazon delivers to India even though they don't have a local site. They offer free shipping offer a threshold. Most of electronics are excluded but you can refine the search to "Amazon Global eligible" and SD cards are eligible. Depending on import taxes and so on I'm not sure what you'll finally pay but for instance I recently ordered a PNY 64GB for 30$ (prices seem to vary).

We do have local amazon/ebay sites but international shipping rates are deal breaker as well as warranty breaker. I'm looking for someone known coming from US and also one of my client is visiting me in march but that will be too late!

for PNY 64Gb they have not mentioned the write speed. They only said that it have a transfer speed of 90mbps but that could only be the read speed. Sony do the same in India, they mention 90mbps transfer speed but if we look on their support site they differentiates the write and read speed.

Vikas Rana's gear list:Vikas Rana's gear list
Sony SLT-A58 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM II Adobe Photoshop CS6
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow