5DIII To NR or not to NR
I am curious what NR behavior users of the 5DIII have in terms of Noise Reduction. The manual suggests this is something applied globally, although more so at high ISO values. I took this to mean that it is applied to the RAW, making it a permanent change.
Is this wise, or would it be better to apply NR in PP? I'll be using a combination of CS5 and LR5.3 for PP and don't mind any additional external work. I guess I could just test this and see what the results may be for myself.
Ah, the Internet, it is like instant coffee on these occasions.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%