Do we really need Sandisk Extereme Pro 95mbps read & 90mbps write speed?

Started Dec 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
DaPonti Contributing Member • Posts: 532
Re: Do we really need Sandisk Extereme Pro 95mbps read & 90mbps write speed?

Vikas Rana wrote:

DaPonti wrote:

The a58 doesn't support UHS. The only slts that do are the a77 and a99. Any other camera will max out at 25 MB/s, the limit of the SD spec. A basic class 10 card will limit your camera, but there's no point paying extra for write speeds above those 25 MB/s.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/romainpontida/

Your source for this information??

I asked recently in the Sony Community forums.

Vikas Rana wrote:

Alan, Its not about saving 30 bucks, 32GB Sandisk Extreme Pro cost here $100, Sony 32GB 45mbps cost here $40 and So I do not want to spend $100 for a camera without knowing the actual write speed of a camera

If that helps, Amazon delivers to India even though they don't have a local site. They offer free shipping offer a threshold. Most of electronics are excluded but you can refine the search to "Amazon Global eligible" and SD cards are eligible. Depending on import taxes and so on I'm not sure what you'll finally pay but for instance I recently ordered a PNY 64GB for 30$ (prices seem to vary).

DaPonti's gear list:DaPonti's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX5 Sony SLT-A58 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow