I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but if you own an A7 or A7r and are looking

Started Dec 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Miki Nemeth
Miki Nemeth Senior Member • Posts: 1,445
Smearing edges and corners might be a (severe) progblem with wide angle (cheap) legacy lenses

osv wrote:

about a third of the field, around the edges, especially on the left side, was smeared and ugly... it was probably de-centered...

both have serious smearing issues, near the edge of the frame, that start to go away when stopped down, but never get perfect...

blow your pics up to 100%, and take a peep... process 'em and see how they print out.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the reply. When I peeping the pixels at the edges and corners of my images, I can always see some amount of smearing. I have always thought that this is completely normal; when I learned the basics of photography I was explained that when I compose a photo/frame, I should always take this inherent phenomenon/feature into account.

The kind of fun-photography I do this is not a problem. I fully understand, though, that for a professional photographer the smearing/dull edges are a serious problem when shooting group photos, and the face of the people on the sides are much less sharp than in the middle.

Anyhow, Thank God, this is not a problem for me at least not now.

Thank You again and all the Best, It was a pleasure to have a chat with You,

Miki

Miki Nemeth's gear list:Miki Nemeth's gear list
Sony a5100 Sony a9 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
osv
osv
osv
osv
osv
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow