Do we really need Sandisk Extereme Pro 95mbps read & 90mbps write speed?

Started Dec 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Sam_Oslo
Sam_Oslo Veteran Member • Posts: 3,055
Re: The calculation says A77 writes at ~ 58 MB/s to SD card

Alan_S wrote:

Yeah, would be nice if Sony published the actual maximum speeds in the specifications. I don't doubt your numbers are somewhere in the ballpark (which would make the cheaper 25-30MB/s cards twice as slow as the ExtremePro).

Yeah, ewe can agree that those 25-30MB/s cards are a waste of time on A77/A99, but some relatively cheap 50-70MB/s cards can make a difference in this case.

On the other hand, some high-capacity and hyper-fast cards (including the Toshiba 240 MB/s) are hitting the marked and affecting the price of SanDisk 95 MB/S dramatically. I personally have bought a few SanDisk 95 MB/S 16MB for a good price last year, and can recommend it too. The price of SanDisk 95 MB/S 32MB has dropped a good deal lately and can be a good buy too. But one can still save a good deal on 64MB and 128MB cards by baying relatively cheap 50-70MB/s cards, in my opinion.

Sam_Oslo's gear list:Sam_Oslo's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Sony 50mm F1.4 Sony 20mm F2.8 Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow