Please don't tell me my D300 already does this but…
I just download an app to my phone that gives DoF info
You enter the aperture, subject distance, camera type (sensor size)
And bingo it givers you the answer.
But hang on…
My camera is more of a computer with a lens than a camera with a data-back.
It already knows the aperture, focus distance and sensor size so why can't it display the DoF on the rear of the camera on the LCD?
Do newer cameras already do this?
I remember the days when lens had little marks to show DoF - the good old days.
Gosh I am starting to sound old.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%