I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but if you own an A7 or A7r and are looking

Started Dec 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Miki Nemeth
Miki Nemeth Senior Member • Posts: 1,446
Re: Getting back to the initial objective of this thread...

osv wrote:

Old Pirate wrote:

Late this afternoon I took my A7r and a 135 Minolta MD 2.8

looks like you nailed the focus on that shot,

long glass like that 135mm lens isn't a problem with the a7/a7r, it's the wide glass that's a nightmare.

I have half a dozen old 24mm's, including two copies of the vaunted 24mm 2.8 sigma... they all have issues on my a7r, none of 'em really "pop".

Hi Dan,

I guess you have seen Ray's (Old Pirate's) incredible shoot http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/1502948988/photos/2045015/ which he took MF.

My question is what issues do you have with your 24mm lenses? I have a Minolta 20mm/f2.8 MD and I use it with great joy on my A7 (I am just a fun-photographer, though). IMHO, Sony has designed the A7 specifically for photography geeks who are willing to spend thousands on buying old legacy lenses. I am not sure, if this was done deliberately, though. Anyhow, I would not have bought the A7 without this "special feature": state-of-the-art digital imaging technology combined with utterly cool, retro, pure-metal-glass lenses. I am thrilled.

All the Best and thank you, Miki

Miki Nemeth's gear list:Miki Nemeth's gear list
Sony a5100 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
osv
osv
osv
osv
osv
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow