Is This Optio M50's Sensor Toast?
My parents own a Pentax Optio M50. About a month ago it took normal pictures. Pictures taken over the last two days, however, look bizarre. A sample image is shown below.
The image above is typical of what one can see in the LCD display in the rear of the camera. Histogram-like patterns appear over bright areas of the image. I have read through the manual and tried changing numerous mode, exposure, and display settings. There has been no change.
I figure that the sensor or some electronic component of the camera might have become non-functional.
Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on what to do about this problem? Is a camera replacement in order?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%