A99 RAW file sizes when importing into LR

Started Dec 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
Timothy S Broadley Senior Member • Posts: 1,776
A99 RAW file sizes when importing into LR

This is probably a question I should know the answer to but there you are! I apologize in advance if I'm am wasting your time but I'm somewhat befuddled.

So I just returned from a trip and imported my files into LR 5.3. I shot 99% RAW. So I then starting the process of selecting the keepers.

All of a sudden I noticed that LR was sizing the a99 RAW images as about 3936 by 2624. Now I am aware that Sony compresses the images but I guess I expected LR to expand the image to 6000 x 4000. Apparently not so.

So I went into PS CC and ACR and same thing except I changed it so that the image was resized to 6000 x 4000.

I checked the camera settings and RAW was selected and Image quality quite correctly was grayed out as expected.

Now I know I can export to the desired size in LR but since I typically edit in PS CC, I wanted to edit a 6000 x 4000 image as opposed to resizing in PS.

I know I am missing something but what is it? Why does LR not open to a 24 MP files when going into the develop module. I don't recall having this issue with my a900.

Thanks for the help or insight

Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow