Promaster 5550 DX Flash

Started Dec 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MikeFreeze Regular Member • Posts: 103
Promaster 5550 DX Flash

I have this flash - it is equipped with interchangeable base units to use on different cameras. I have primarily used it for my Canon film cameras (EOS 3 & a cheaper EOS, both have the eye control function). I have the slave base and the Canon base. I want to use it on my K-5; of course, that requires the purchase of the Pentax base - I'm ready to pull the trigger, but this is an older flash and before I do so I thought it best to ask if others have used it on the K-5.

The promaster web site says that it is incompatible with ist D5, DL, K100D, and K10D - of course, this is an older flash and the K-5 and other modern pentax cameras weren't invented when this was written. So then; can anyone share their experiences with this flash unit on Pentax? The base unit is only $55 - I originally bought this flash for the ability to just buy a base unit and use it on other camera brands. Thanks for any help - here's the link if curious; http://www.promaster.com/products.asp?product=7161

Pentax K100D Pentax K10D Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow