Best desktop computer for photography work.

Started Mar 31, 2013 | Questions thread
CharmingDragon New Member • Posts: 3
Re: In truth, I don't think it matters any more. . .

Glen Barrington wrote:

Buy the one that gives you the best deal. Personally, I'm exploring the practicality of transitioning away from both towards Linux. I don't think either are truly 'in the game' when it comes to serious photography. They are relying on past efforts and sort of coasting on the fact that most graphics software is as mature as they are going to get.

Linux seems a far more dynamic environment for graphic software that will only get better.

-- hide signature --

I still like soup. . .
Now that you've judged the quality of my typing, take a look at my photos. . .
http://www.jpgmag.com/people/glenbarrington/photos

I'm a professional IT guy in a top corporation as well as a professional photog, and have been for 30+ years. I currently have only Linux on all my desktops and laptops. I am continually flummoxed but the lack of support from camera manufacturers (Canon I'm talking to you!!!), and software companies (Adobe I'm talking to you!!!).

Vines is not an option anymore either for WIN on Linux anymore. Support and development on it seem to have stopped or slowed down. Sad to say because I really like Linux for ALL my other computing, but for photography I'm afraid I'm going back to Mircrosquish. My 2 cents. YMMV.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow