GX7 doesn't feel as solid as GF1

Started Dec 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
eastvillager Senior Member • Posts: 1,337
Re: GF1 is the classic

Your premise about the GF1 and GX7 sounds hard to believe. Can you post the same photograph made with both cameras with the same lens and settings. Everything I've seen from the GF1 including the pictures posted here don't look very good. Thanks.

PaulChapman wrote:

I had a GF1, gave it away to make myself have the GX7. Then missed the GF1 so much that I bought one back. Compared images and could not see any difference, even at the medium high ISO. At low ISO no difference at all. The only benefit of the GX7 is the built-in evf , bendy screen and wifi. Really big downside is the woefully inadequate battery life...it ruins it as a usable camera and I have missed images because I was conserving life. The GF1 is a much nicer camera to use though and is not packed with toy camera mush. Just to rub it in, the GF1 won a dpr challenge a few weeks ago...ultimately it is the image that counts, not all the gimmickry.

eastvillager's gear list:eastvillager's gear list
Sony a9 Sony a7R III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
REJ
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow