Vibration of the A7R shutter compared to D3 and NEX-7 using a seismometer

Started Dec 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
fotowbert
fotowbert Veteran Member • Posts: 3,035
re: a7r shutter shake test

ferrellmc wrote:

I did the test here: http://beforethecoffee.com/sony-a7r-vibration-comparison-with-nikon-d3-and-sony-nex-7/

I took 30+ sample images, one set with no shutter vibration and one set with normal shutter vibration exposures. Then I compared the results. I used a Nikon 85mm 1.4 and the Sony FE 35mm 2.8.

I am very pleased to find no visible evidence of shutter vibration in images from the A7R when mounted on a good tripod.

Well done ferrellmc!

This test data directly addresses the issue, ie image blur. No need to be concerned how some intermediate type of measurement relates to the issue.

After having put forth this amount of effort it would seem appropriate to extend it to determine your own min shutter speed rule of thumb. If you have not already done so, consider shooting some hand held comparison shots to establish just how steady you are.

• John
 fotowbert's gear list:fotowbert's gear list
Canon PowerShot A20 Canon PowerShot SD870 IS Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8 Canon PowerShot S95 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow