VSCO Cam: Film Equivalents of Presets

Started Dec 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP hydrospanner Regular Member • Posts: 157
Re: VSCO Cam: Film Equivalents of Presets

gordonisbell wrote:

I could very well be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that the filters on the VSCO cam are unique and not tied in at all with there other film equivalent film effects. Isn't VSCOcam awesome?

They're not connected to their plugins, but I was thinking a far less formal equivalent, like, "the M effects, especially M2 & M4, remind me of Portra" or something like that...just something to help me visualize when I'm picking a preset and scrolling through the list.

I've only used it a little so far...I've never been a particularly avid mobile photographer...when Instagram came to Android, I was all about it, and it really increased my photo activity, but then some of their privacy & ownership policies soured me, and when Facebook bought them, I jumped ship.  Since then, I've not really done much with mobile beyond very occasional shots touched up with Snapseed.  VSCO has me back into it...really excited about mobile photography.

I just wish they had a shortcut that would take me from my home screen to the actual VSCO camera in one press.  I have it in my tray, but I'd love to be able to swipe the VSCO icon from the tray to mid-screen and have the camera right there.

Also would love volume shutter button functionality, but you can't have it all I guess.

hydrospanner's gear list:hydrospanner's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D300 Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow