Michael Reichmann's take on smaller full frame Sony FE mount lenses

Started Dec 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
LTZ470
LTZ470 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,926
Re: the line must be drawn here!! our last stand!

ekaton wrote:

harold1968 wrote:

dennis tennis wrote:

Let me summarize our beloved four third consortium.

1: Our 4/3 DSLR is designed from the ground up for digital, our lenses are smaller (cough cough), our bodies are smaller (cough cough) our lens are telecentric (true). FF and APS-C are "dinosaurs, extinction just around the corner", ahem ahem cough cough

which equivalent lens from an APS-C/FF camera is smaller ?

can you show me a 150mm f1.8 (or f2) lens as small as the 75mm f1.8

have you seen the canon 135mm ?

2: Our mFT bodies are smaller (cough cough) oops,APS sized NEX bodies are smaller. Oh wait

actually they are all smaller

3: Our mFT lenses are so much smaller (please ignore the fact that they process much less light, please ignore this).

they don't

you are getting confused

for DOF to FF you multiply by two, but for meter readings, f2.8n on M4/3s is the same reading as f2.8n on FF

4: Now that we have our beloved GH3 and EM1 bigger than a FF mirrorless, we're getting nervous. Please please, what would happen if they're able to make lens and sensor that can handle the light angle challenges? What if Canon and Nikon wait and learn from Sony, increase the flange focal distance a bit, give that sensor more room to have IBIS? What if Sigma actually release an 16-20 f2 zoom!

the e-M1 competes with a 5Diii

but its lighter with the 12-40mm then a canon 24-70mm lens on its own, and wait, the E-M1 is lighter then every xD, xxD and most of the xxxD

This is sad, a bunch of supposed photo enthusiast praying and hoping that some innovations will not comne true so they can justify what? You've spent a few thousand dollars on some camera and lenses. If there is a great break through, sell your gear and get the better one. Do you buy the same car brand over and over?

now your statements have been disproved, will you say sorry ?

Definitiion of a fanboy?

Irrationally hoping that his brand will have great innovations that will remain with his brand, and hoping that the other brands does nothing forever and ever.

well the E-M1 is the lightest full metal camera out there, its lighter then virtually all Nikon and Canon DSLRs. It has a better EVF then virtually all of the OVFs and many other things if you had even read a review of it

Do you have hospital loyalty. Oh, my Mom died of cancer but she was treated at our hospital. Now, my wife has same cancer, there are rumors that the other hospital in town has a new treatment, you're going to say "No way, it is impossible for another hospitbal to have a treatment for this cancer. I'm not a cancer expert, but if my Mom died with this cancer, my wife will also die with this cancer.

in very bad taste

Take it with a sense of humor. MFT is inferior to FF and best in class aps-c. Too many mft shooters seem insecure about their choices and desperately try to talk their inferior sensor cameras up to big guys territory. How about simply accepting laws of physics, they do not make mft a bad choice. I have the Panasonic GX7 and GM1 and like them for what they are. But they are no match for my FF gear, for certain uses not even close. And as mft cameras get bloated (EM1) thereby giving up quite a bit of the smaller sensor`s footprint advantage, mft really has reasons to look over its shoulders. The closely priced Sony A7 pumps out files of a quality an EM1 can not even dream about. This is the reality in 2013 and the big guys and Pentax/Ricoh have not even started releasing compact FF contenders. Watch the space.

I own both Sony RX and A7r FF and m43 EM1, unless you have shot all three like I have, I wouldn't be commenting…the EM1 can AF and shoot circles around RX1 or A7r with lens selection to boot, and I love my RX1 as good as any camera I have ever owned...

So the only reason the EM1 would be looking over it's shoulder is waiting on the Sony FF's to catch up…

Thats the truth…the IQ of the EM1 with a m43 Pro Zoom is great for a smallish sensor…check out full size if you are in doubt…at the softest focal length of the 12-40…40mm…bokeh looks great, no shallow DOF wanted here with all the beautiful fall colors and background!

jpeg cropped..pp w/ LR5...

The A7r will most likely go and the Nex-7 as well…EM1 and RX1 are really more than I need for great photos…RX100 will also stay...

m43 has the lens and more coming daily the Voigtlander 42.5 f/ 0.95 m43 mount will probably be my portrait lens...

Landscape would be the main reason for keeping A7r...

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
G L
G L
G L
G L
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow