AF phenomenon on the 70D: Can anyone explain?

Started Dec 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
yellodog Senior Member • Posts: 2,095
Re: AF phenomenon on the 70D: Can anyone explain?

TTMartin wrote:

yellodog wrote:

I for one can imagine doing landscapes wide open in poor light, and the object doesn't have to be too far away for the phenomenon to be visible either.

Wouldn't you use a longer exposure to compensate for less light?

If you don't have a tripod with you the is a limit to how long exposures you can use.

A landscape with just a thin stripe in focus?

A wide angle at infinity doesn't need to be stopped down a lot to give you a sharp horizon,

Ok, please post an example of a photo you've taken like that in the past.

I only take landscapes when I'm on holliday, and when I'm on holiday I only have a compact or mobile phone with me so you would say that's not valid.

Together with the overexposing of non Canon lenses when wide open it's a rather serious mess-up for such an expensive camera.

First the 70D is a mid priced enthusiast camera.

You can call it what ever you want it's still expensive.

Second if you want to use it with other than EOS lenses that is your prerogative, but, Canon wouldn't even guarantee a camera would work with current 3rd party EOS compatible lenses, much less old manual lenses. As you've already been told by Canon the 70D does not support those lenses. If you want to use them you'll have to learn how to compensate for them.

I don't care what Canon "guarantees" I think it sucks.

You seem to take critique of the camera as a personal insult, that of course is your prerogative.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow