Letting the A7 go

Started Dec 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
vagtanklan Senior Member • Posts: 1,450
Letting the A7 go

After a couple of weeks with the A7 it's time to let it go. As much as I have to admit that in some respects it's a great great little camera, I still could not really get it under my skin.

Last time I walked around I asked myself: Is this thing really worth 3times the price of a Nex-6? The answer to me is: no! It's not. For others the opposite might hold true.

In the end the NEX-6 transformed my ability to get great snapshots when I ordinarily only would have had the iPhone at hand - the A7 reversed that by needing that bigger bag, and generally demanding a little more attention considering what it costs.

Slim pickings in the lens department, and generally high cost for auxiliary extras swayed my opinion.

So for what I got for the A7 I got a killer deal on a Nikon dSLR package, and forked out a little extra to get a NEX-6 as a perfect walk around/travel companion.

RESET!

-- hide signature --
 vagtanklan's gear list:vagtanklan's gear list
Nikon D40 Sony Alpha a7 II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic Sony FE 28mm F2 +5 more
Sony Alpha a7 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow