What is in your travel bag?

Started Dec 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Grig
OP Grig Senior Member • Posts: 2,290
Re: What is in your travel bag?

PHXAZCRAIG wrote:

I think in your travel bag you might consider swapping the 70-200 for the 80-400g, which is about the same size and weight (fatter).

Well, you are absolutely right... I am thinking about this lens since its release... Never been a big fan of the old one, but this new one looks very tempting...

My travel kit consists of the largest backpack I can count on putting on an airplane (Thinktank Airport Accelerator) coupled with the largest Thinktank waist bag (Speed Racer).

For my destination weddings I was traveling with this LowePro Sling 300AW for years:

But this year (2 weddings in NE and one in MN) I was using ThinkTank UD40. I have TT stuff for years like ProBelt with Spiders, Camera Holster bag and other belt bags, etc, but UD40 bag Just amazes me... I am able to fit all this stuff into it and it still look like a small shoulder bag, although TSA guys always having troubles lifting it... LOL... No way I will check my photo gear bags, so I had to think about ability to fit into tiny bins of regional jets (puddle jumpers) and UD40 fits perfect, but for other than wedding travel - I really like my new Kata backpack...

My minimum Wedding Travel set.

When I'm actually on-site (which is virtually always just vacation, if I'm traveling with camera gear), I pick a subset of gear and carry it in my waist bag if walking. If driving, I just work out of the backpack, which is really nice. I like having my toys to play with on vacation. That's why I bought it.

Same here...

Thank you for your feedback!

-- hide signature --

Real photography - it's just the ability to see what was already created by God!
www.grigphoto.com

Grig's gear list:Grig's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-H1 Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +12 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow