EOS AF point types: X + | - (f2.8, f5.6, f8)?
I have yet to find a good comprehensive reference for which EOS models (including xxD models, Rebel/xxxD, and Full Frame xD models) have which kinds of AF sensor point types. If I am not mistaken there are several types of sensor points (I'm talking about only Phase-Detect AF here):
+ regular cross
+X "dual cross"
Additionally, some are sensitive only at f/2.8 or above, some are sensitive at f/5.6 or above, and I think I read somewhere that on some cameras, some points are sensitive all the way down to f/8.
So, which EOS models have which kinds of PD-AF points, and what aperture ranges do those points operate at. I guess we can start by compiling a list for all EOS models currently in production. [Note: I posted this to the 7D / 10D-70D forum because it is in the middle... I'd post this to a general EOS forum if one existed].
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%