DF: the perfect backup body to the D800

Started Dec 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Veteran Member • Posts: 8,909
Re: DF: the perfect backup body to the D800

Shotcents wrote:

T O Shooter wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

Please check for my Df review and samples next week. I also suggest spending at least a few hours shooting with one. Then you can let us all know your views from a reasonable stand point.

Robert

I guess Grig you are not at the level of Robbie. He's been doing reviews off the preview videos. Now that he has talked Daddy into buying him one for Christmas he'll be giving Ken Rockwell a run for his money. And he has a friend who has a third cousin, who knows someone who got paid to shoot a wedding. So that's how he knows pros. Sounds right from where I'm sitting.

Cheers

That's exactly right.

Even if I was a rank amateur you would not be on my level because I make judgement and choices based on hands-on experience

You bluff. You were buying the Df off the video previews. What do you think no one remembers your posts from the last few weeks? You need to be more concerned with mental issues than experience status

Bluff? I originally said Id wait a couple of months before buying a Df and that I stopped my old man from buying me one. "Sadly" my wife ignored that and ordered one.

If I'm bluffing I guess I won't be showing my face around here next week if I'm Df-less!

Cheers,

Robert

I meant bluff on when you decided you were going to buy one as in "I make judgements and choices based on hands on experience" not on whether your father was going to get you one or not.  Of course he is!  You were waiting only to see if there were issues ( such as the left AF on the 800 or the oil spills on the 600 ). You're decision to buy was made weeks ago. Nothing wrong with that - just no need of the bluff that you only decided to buy based on you're undoubtably superior testing ability.  Next thing you know KR will be asking for donations for him and his new partner.  Next thing there'll be a Ken and Robbie doll 

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow