"The full frame myth"

Started Dec 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
moving_comfort
moving_comfort Veteran Member • Posts: 8,205
Re: "The aps-c myth"

Gary Martin wrote:

If you're carrying around an aps-c DSLR with lenses, you're not really seeing much of a size advantage, and if you buy aps-c-only lenses to try to eke out a little bit of a size bonus - you lock yourself out of an upgrade path you might want later. Doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

I have a small bag next to me right now with a K-30 and a couple of DA Limited primes in the bag. It's a small and easy to carry kit, and I like the size of the camera - I don't need it to be smaller and more fiddly. This camera and lens combo is very capable, and doesn't need an "upgrade path" to make excellent images for the next several years. So yeah, I think it's a perfectly good deal.

It's only a good deal if you know  you will never, ever want to upgrade to a FF K-mount camera, when/if one appears.

I know about the allure of the DA primes on an aps-c body, believe me - and I was one to say I'd never want to 'upgrade' from that.  I know the sentiment.

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow