Best DSLR of 2013

Started Dec 19, 2013 | Discussions thread
JeffAHayes Senior Member • Posts: 1,968
Re: Best DSLR of 2013

Took me a few minutes to find that poll, and THEN I thought Pentax was close to the bottom until after I voted and realized they had the camera brands organized alphabetically.

As of right now, the Pentax K-3 is WAY in first place, with 26.3% of respondents naming it the Top DSLR of 2013 -- almost a full 10% more than the 16.9% who picked the Nikon D7100, which is in a distant second (the K-5 and K-500 are barely registering, along with several other models, at this point).

Interestingly, when I scrolled down and looked at the numbers of folks who had clicked they OWN a K-3, PLUS those who WANT one and those who've HAD one (9), THAT total was just a bit more than 50% of the total number of votes that equal the total of 26.3% x the 17xx (I can't recall the last two digits offhand) votes that were cast for the K-3. I DID put that number in my calculator's memory, however, it and it appears there've been 453 VOTES cast for the K-3 although only a total of 234 respondents clicked that they own it, want it, or had it.

To ME that says there may be a lot of CaNikon, Sony and other shooters out there who are doing some SERIOUS looking! SIGMA... TAMRON... ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?????

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow