DF: the perfect backup body to the D800

Started Dec 18, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP FtoDin5min Regular Member • Posts: 407
Re: DF: the perfect backup body to the D800

sgoldswo wrote:

FtoDin5min wrote:

I currently own 2x D800.

I follow the comments about the new DF, and the body strikes me as being the perfect complement to the D800 (I really do not need the FPS and I treat the camera bodies rather well.

Anyone using this combo? I struggle to see what I would be missing if I were to replace one D800 body with a DF.

Thanks,

-- hide signature --

FTD5

Yes, I have a D800E and a Df. Very good combination - they offer different things (in case you didn't know ). Yes, the controls are different. No, for me at least, it's not a big deal. I think the person who stated the Df isn't a backup is right. It's a superior camera for some things, inferior for others. Using them together allows the best of both worlds, so they are good in combination rather than one being a backup.

Sorry for using the term back-up, I really meant 'complementary' in my question.

I shoot for pleasure mainly family and trips. The combo of these two bodies seems very adequate if you don't need the FPS and indestructible bodies...

I think I will replace a D800 with DF.

-- hide signature --

FTD5

FtoDin5min's gear list:FtoDin5min's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow