Nothwistanding the Pentax users' s hunger for long tele...

Started Dec 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
rogerstpierre Veteran Member • Posts: 3,972
Re: Nothwistanding the Pentax users' s hunger for long tele... not an issue

KL Matt wrote:

I fear Mark is correct. Ricoh has not followed through on their promises.

Which are ?

I truly thought they actually were going to until very recently — but without a single professional-grade lens having been released or even announced since their acquisition of Pentax, it is looking very much like

Ricoh was absolutely fibbing when they claimed they intended to compete with the likes of Sony and the big two.

When and where did they make such intent statement ? I always thought it was the opposite, and that they intended on remaining focussed on their "niche market" segment.

Ricoh appears in stark contrast to their public statements to wish to remain a niche player supplying quirky little cameras to a very small audience.

You're contradicting yourself here ! You're blaming Ricoh for not doing what they haven't said they would do !

Which is fine. But save us the BS and hype about building a professional 135 system next time, please.

What professional 135 system ? Isn't that the figment of wishful thinking imagination on some end users part ?

Matt

announcedMark Ransom wrote:

Without the assurance of third party lenses being available, I probably would never have bought the *ist-DS that put me into the Pentax camp. You shouldn't underestimate the importance of this vote of No Confidence from the lens makers. Putting a positive spin on it is delusional.

-- hide signature --

... interested in .... photographs? Heh? Know what a mean? Photographs? (He asked him knowingly). Nudge nudge, snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, say no more, say no more, know what a' mean? Know what a' mean?
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=183820&subSubSection=0&language=EN

Ricoh has done more for Pentax than all previous owners in the recent past in a very short time frame. Give them a break and stop bashing them, they deserve credit not discredit !

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
JNR
JNR
JNR
JNR
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow