Canon efs 60 macro lens

Started Dec 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
The shootist
The shootist Regular Member • Posts: 303
Re: Canon efs 60 macro lens

jrkliny wrote:

Shootist:

Ideally I would use the AF to get the focus in the ballpark and then use the rocking method for fine tuning the focus. Without AF, I need to manually adjust and then use the rocking method. Often I want to adjust the composition and then find the manual focus setting is off. I then need to set down the flash so I have a freehand to manually readjust the focus. Then I need to pickup the flash and see if I can again find the composition and position I adjusted for. Very frustrating. I curse Canon just thinking about it. I don't understand why my 450D worked and my 600D does not. I have also tried my wife's 600D. It does not focus well either. Hopefully at least some of the images on my webpage show my interest in composition. I try to compose in camera. The lack of AF really makes this difficult.

Sorry this has nothing to do with the 60 macro lens and this discussion really does not belong in this thread.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Yes we are off topic but none the less I see your point (I don't use a hand held flash), so what I did was take my 70D with my 100mm macro and it dose auto focus like you want to. I know this doesn't help your current set up I just thought you'd like to know. No ad here but the 70D is a hell of a camera and quit and upgrade from the 600D. I didn't try it on my 600D.

-- hide signature --

The Shootist (RETIRED)
http://theshootist.zenfolio.com/

The shootist's gear list:The shootist's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM Canon EOS 600D +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow