Gallery upload failing at the end of upload

Started Dec 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
jeffpix
jeffpix Regular Member • Posts: 427
Re: Gallery upload failing at the end of upload

Josh Hays wrote:

Thanks, everyone, for your input.

What I can confirm is that we are not specifically limiting the upload size. Some users are able to upload large files without a problem and others have found different thresholds above which their uploads fail.

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue on our office network, which is quite fast. But I tested on another, slower network over the weekend and did encounter a failure when uploading a 16MB jpeg file, one out of three times. I have a feeling that there is a timeout happening somewhere, but haven't yet been able to track down where.

If anyone who is experiencing this problem has access to another network -- preferably one that's faster than the one you usually use to upload to galleries -- it might be helpful if you could try uploading from there at least one image that you're having a problem with.

I apologize for the frustration that's been caused by this issue, and I appreciate your patience as we continue to investigate the cause.

Josh

Dear all,

I have the same problem as that described in this thread. In fact, I replied to other user in this same forum:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52716125

My uploads of large files fail at the very end of the upload when I am using lower bandwidth internet access (wireless). When I use a high bandwidth connection, the problem goes away.

The peculiar feature of the problem (as also noted by others) is that the uploads continue for many seconds and never fail along the way. They only fail at the very end for me.

I am using Safari 6.0.5.

Best regards,
Jeff

jeffpix's gear list:jeffpix's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow