D7100 skin tones

Started May 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
mistermejia Veteran Member • Posts: 3,340
Re: sRGB

Mako2011 wrote:

mistermejia wrote:

I recently went to my local camera store and shot a jpeg and this is how the photo came out, simply disgusting! It was set to STANDARD color mode, and then after i saw the photo at home on my monitor i remember that with nikon you can't use standard for shooting pictures of people. I want to go back this coming weekend and give the camera another try, but i do want to tell the sales guy to give me time to set it up properly.

Thanks!

Is your monitor calibrated for sRGB? Also note the red channel is ever so slightly blown here and that can affect skin tones...so small here though I don't think it matters. Good Luck!

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Hi Mako. Yes it is calibrated correctly. I don't think this is a "small" problem. If i print this out it will look horrible! My kids look like if they just came back from Cancun!  By the way, the original photo looks worse.  I had to lower saturation a bit.

My question is if the OP, or anyone else has proper settings for the D7100, just as the suggested settings for the D7000 everyone would ask about.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
eNo
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
MOD Mako2011
eNo
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow