Will my NEX go the same way as my R1?

Started Dec 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jerry R Forum Pro • Posts: 10,042
Will my NEX go the same way as my R1?

I keep reading that the NEX is gone (long thread on this forum). However, every night I check my camera bag to make sure it has not disappeared, it hasn't!

My R1 is 10 years old. This summer I took it on a cruse along with my C3 & Zeiss 24mm lens usually alternating days with each camera. Without looking at the EXIF file its hard to tell which camera took the picture except for some obvious pics with the R1 with a FOV that could not come from 24mm.

I don't care if SONY does not make another NEX type camera regardless of the name. I am quite satisfied with both the C3 & 5R (got the 5R for the  view finder) and expect it to provide at least 10 years of photo fun as my R1 still does. Because a manufacture discontinues a product line (its not clear that Sony has abandon the NEX type camera) it does not make the camera and lenses obsolete.

I'm still waiting for an R2 and until it comes I'll continue using the R1. Check the Sony Cyber camera forum and see the wonderful pics still being produced by the R1. I think 10 years from now you will still see great pics from the NEX cameras.

-- hide signature --

Canon A2E, Sony R1, Panny TZ5, NEX C3 & 5R + Zeiss 24mm E Lens, Nikon D5100

Nikon D5100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow