MY Overall M43 Impression

Started Dec 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
NorCalAl
OP NorCalAl Forum Member • Posts: 77
Re: MY Overall M43 Impression

Um. Wow. I'm not a huge participant on DPR because so many here seem to be ready to just attack any point of view that is not akin to theirs. The responses to this thread present ample evidence of that.

The title of the thread says (in caps partly) that my post was MY impression. Not that the post was the first and last words in M43. For my opinions, I am personally attacked, called a troll (really?) and even, by one (more than likely a fat moron dwelling in mommy and daddies basement) responder, told that my tagline is stupid (again, really?).

Some did recognize that what I was relaying were my opinions and for that, they were also attacked. When I went from Canon to Nikon, I felt the wrath of the fanboys, but nothing like this here. I'm not offended so much as disappointed that expressing an opinion is taken like a personal assault. While I understand we all have something invested in the things we like and the hobbies (or work, for those who make their living with photography), I am dismayed that so many of you take it so personally.

Check out the forum. Anyone who posts ideas not supportive of the format garner huge numbers of responses. 112 to my post here. Folks who post photos or questions or comments get little or no response. On the first page of the forum, the two posts with the highest number of responses were this and the one suggesting the format needs more speed.

What does that say about the readers and participants of this forum? DPR has a reputation for being a place of not discussion so much as attacks, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. But, damn.

I am real, sorry to those who insisted otherwise. I'm not selling off my M43 stuff. I do plan to sell the GX7 and will likely pick up a EM1. I'm hoping that it will be more to my liking and fit my larger hands better. Maybe then I will join you all at the altar and begin singing the praises.

By the way, the basement comment above was meant in jest and to be illustrative of how I felt about some of the commentary.

You may resume your attacks now.
--
The Mad Prophet - philosopher, cyclist, and photographer

NorCalAl's gear list:NorCalAl's gear list
Nikon Coolpix 8700 Nikon D40 Nikon D7100 Nikon D5300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow