MY Overall M43 Impression

Started Dec 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
PerL Forum Pro • Posts: 13,985
Re: Oh brother

broody wrote:

PerL wrote:

But you are generalizing from your own needs. We will not see m43 at the sidelines on sports events, and I don't think we will see them with the news/PJ photographers. And not with the professional landscape or wildlife photographers either. Of course there might be exceptions, but not many.

This has much to do with photographer self-image and herd mentality... If you're not toting a 1DX or D4 with an F2.8 zoom you're simply not *serious*. Imagine the horror.

Anyone shooting, say, a 5dMkII could easily downsize to an EM1 and lose next to nothing.

I find it interesting that many people think they are smarter than the heard. And when they really get into it they find that the heard - often excellent professionals - aren't so stupid after all. Above all -they deliver great, often stunning results.

The 5DII is a rather slow camera, a little clunky IMO, but you get access to lenses like 24 1.4, 35 1.4, 50 1.2, 85 1.2 which have a very special and attractive rendering. So you lose that, which is hardly nothing for those that wants it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow