MY Overall M43 Impression

Started Dec 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
broody Contributing Member • Posts: 674
Re: Elvis has left the building...

I was already wondering when this dead horse was going to come back to be beaten some more. It's been what, 2 days since the last flame war thread was closed?

Nikon DX is the worst system ever to compare to M43- it holds the glorious last place in compactness out there. It has the longest flange distance of all DSLRs, its lenses are large even compared to other mirrored systems, it has all of zero pancakes to its name except for a third-party manual focus only thingy.

I'm glad it's the system for you, but I couldn't live without M43. The GX7 price is fine -like most modern gadgets its price was inflated a little bit upon release to pad the loss from all the people who buy an item just to try it out and then return it. Today it's selling for well under MRSP and it's gone on discount more than a couple times.

Finally, that argument about "DSLR 3d look" is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while.

broody's gear list:broody's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
NCV
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow