Camera Bag or Belt solution? EPL5

Started Dec 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Agius FOTO
OP Agius FOTO Senior Member • Posts: 2,344
Re: Camera Bag or Belt solution? EPL5

Thank you!  I'll look at teh Domke's...pricy though..

honeyiscool wrote:

Most camera bags are dreadfully thick. Pictures do not usually convey that point but you have to remember that the smallest DSLRs, despite the fact that they're smaller than the largest M43 cameras, are still MUCH thicker than any M43 camera due to the 45 degree angle mirror, which means they have to be thicker than the sensor size, at the very least. Try to get a picture or video of a person actually wearing the bag. For instance, here's a picture of someone wearing a Think Tank Retrospective 5:

You can see that this is going to be a pretty thick bag on your side and still look pretty camera baggy. So I would avoid getting any bag that says they can fit an SLR, because such bags will be thick.

Only bags specifically made for rangefinders and mirrorless cameras avoid the thickness issue. My favorite of these bags is the Domke F-803. It's very stylish and comes in several different colors, and most importantly, is not thick. It's big enough for any of the Olympus cameras (though a bit small for the E-M5, but I make it work) and you should easily be able to insert the E-PL5 with any of the smaller primes attached. I kept an E-PL5 w/ the 25mm attached in it most of the time, and it fit just fine.

Agius FOTO's gear list:Agius FOTO's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 35-100mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow