The best DX camera in the world

Started Nov 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 4,624
Re: The best DX camera in the world

Eurodynamica wrote:

It seems to me that Nikon has already built the best DX camera in the world....and so has everybody else. The test reports you see here at dpreview show only minor differences in cameras regardless of specification or manufacturer.

Further, (if you are old enough) look back at your 35mm transparencies, and try applying the same level of critique to them. With grain and all, it is actually startling how bad those slides are in comparison!

Then compare the price/performance of a film based Nikon back then to the price/performance today compared to your take home pay. The D5200 is a steal, and comes with a zoom lens that the film cameras didn't even consider.

We have never had it so good.

Now everybody has bought one, each with probably twice the number of megapixels they really need, the manufacturers are trying to eke out a cash flow with incremental changes.

Reminds me of the CD player market of a couple of decades ago. Every manufacturer had a product line ranging to the $1000s of dollars for the right D/A converter. Now, you can't find them anymore, and when you do there is no product differentiation

What they need is something new to sell, but no one apart from Sony is taking a real stab at changing the market in the way that Sony itself did with the Walkman those many years ago...

Your comparison is valid. Only today I was thinking on some photos from the weekend and the quality is 'comparable' in aesthetic quality to ASA 100 film, great and realistic colors and clean detail.

Thing is, I have taken two years  (after starting back photography after many moons, to get here, getting color etc where I want it after my worklflow.

Thus, I have only now 'maximised' my D300 potential just recently.

But, things move along as does technology and if a camera can shoot clean ISO 3200, why should those who use Nikon not expect them to release one (like the K3).

That said, I shot and processed (not printed yet) over 250 photos at a sporting event on Saturday, which would have cost very much to process in the film says.

I appreciate digital.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
GPW
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow