Nikon 12-24mm f/4 on a D800e: a viable combination?

Started Dec 6, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Revision Contributing Member • Posts: 828
Nikon 12-24mm f/4 on a D800e: a viable combination?

I am going to buy a D800e to be used 90% for studio and a little for non-urban landscape.

I have a Nikon 12-24mm f/4 DX that worked very well on my D300, and supposedly can be used on FX between 18 and 24mm. I have used this lens mostly between 14 and 24 mm on DX,

Since I do not use the WA much I would rather avoid buying another WA zoom and I am not sure which one would work for me on the D800e: the 14-24mm f/2.8 is a pain to use with filters and has its own issues with flare and ghosting.

I would appreciate hearing from D800 users who are or have previously used a 12-24 f/4 with a D800.

I am not too concerned about vignetting, I am concerned about edges and corner resolution. I mostly print 17x22 with the occasional 17x36 pano, will probably go larger with the D800e.

Input would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much.

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,
Renato
'The world is going to pieces and people like Weston and Adams are photographing rocks.' Henri Cartier Bresson, in the 1930's

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow