Olympus Pen F 40mm 1.4 comments

Started Sep 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
forpetessake
forpetessake Veteran Member • Posts: 4,892
Re: Olympus Pen F 40mm 1.4 comments

absh wrote:

My only suggestion is to determine how useful a somewhat expensive manual lens might be to you. You are probably going to pay around 200$ for one. At 1.4 and even 2.0, any lens is tough to manually focus accurately as DOF is thin. Probably better for static subjects but not kids. When you nail the focus at 1.4, its very special. But in general use, i find it a little tight indoors and I'm more of an autofocus type person but I'm trying to practice to get better at manual focusing.

Ordered one on ebay for just over $200 inc. shipping. Should be here in a week, can't wait to try it.

The prices on that old stuff are all over the place. When I bought my it was about $80, but then I saw prices as high as $300.

Will post an update when I get it.

p.s. also looking at the 100m/f3.5 version... seems a very nice lens, although it could be a little faster given the focal length.

It's a decent lens, but I would suggest a much better deal. The old Series-E Nikon 75-150/3.5 is as good if not better optically, easier to find, and it's cheaper too. And if you are planning to move to FF then half-frame Zuiko lenses will be a problem.

-- hide signature --

"Ninety percent of everything is crap" - Sturgeon's law

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow