Nikon Coolpix P330 vs Canon S95

Started Dec 6, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ovid7 Forum Member • Posts: 96
Nikon Coolpix P330 vs Canon S95

Prior to purchasing the Nikon Coolpix P330 I have been using a Canon S95. I have been

happy with the Canon but wished to try something new. The cameras are somewhat similar

physically so that traveling with either of them was easy. In the pocket with a cover made

from a soft cloth. I have spent a lot of time comparing the two. There are differences. The

Nikon has given me a sharper image. The Canon has given me more pleasing color.

I'm not sure which camera gives color closer to reality. I have attempted to modify some settings on the

Nikon to move the color closer to that of the Canon but have been unsuccessful so far. I don't know

what it is about the Canon's color, it just seems to pop out whereas the Nikon is rather flat.

Because many of my shots have been taken of the ocean and coastline, it is the blue of the

sky and the water that seems to be missing from my Nikon photos. Tried most the of settings

on the menu. Any suggestions?

Ovid7's gear list:Ovid7's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon Coolpix P330 Sony RX100 IV
Nikon Coolpix P330
12 megapixels • 3 screen • 24 – 120 mm (5×)
Announced: Mar 5, 2013
Ovid7's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
unrated
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Canon PowerShot S95 Nikon Coolpix P330
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow