EOS M2 has been announced!

Started Dec 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Richard Franiec
Richard Franiec Senior Member • Posts: 2,527
Re: Canon EOS M2 Not Coming to North America

DaveInPA wrote:

captura wrote:

http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/12/canon-eos-m2-not-coming-to-north-america/

Sony is reporting that pre-orders of their full-frame mirrorless camera are double what they expected.

It doesn't seem that Canon understands where the market is going. Both Canon and Nikon are fighting the trend while Sony, Olympus, and Panasonic are grabbing users and establishing early brand loyalty.

I have the M with the 22mm. I was considering the kit zoom but I don't want to invest more if Canon isn't committed to the M.

It is hard to tell what strategists at Canon (or any other manufacturer) think. I would find hard to believe that development of new (EF-M) mount and lenses was a frivolous act of the rouge project manager. They can and most likely will be used on the current and future EOS M cameras.

Canon knows well that they have to retain customer base wider than DSLR alone. Powershot S and G series seems more and more like relics. That leaves large sensor compacts.

BTW, kit lens I have is of good quality, cost very little. 11-22 lens is next on my list. Even if I'll have to live for some time with M1 and M lenses + EF/EF-S adapter, I consider that money well spent.

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
6x9
6x9
(unknown member)
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow