OT: Finally a web site

Started Dec 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Lasse Eisele
OP Lasse Eisele Senior Member • Posts: 1,872
Re: OT: Finally a web site

jkjond wrote:

Lasse Eisele wrote:

I've been thinking of getting my own web site for several years. Just for fun, to display my pictures. Now it has finally become reality. Of course, I'm a total beginner at web design, so I decided to keep it simple. Feel free to have a look and tell me what you think.

I like the photography a lot.

Thanks!

The site looks clean and simple, which is a good thing - but the interface? I found it very unintuitive, I clicked on images and seemed to go someplace else - very confusing. Using your name at the top of the page as an email link seems and odd choice too. I'd prefer to see a contact area rather than click the name expecting to get to the Hem page only to find I jump to my email prog.

As I said in another post, the layout (and interface) is a compromise between me and the very basic web editing programme I used. It wouldn't let me do exactly what I wanted. However, the slide show that you found unintuitive is very similar to the slide show functions in Dropbox, SkyDrive, Pbase and a lot of other applications. So, although it's not what I really wanted, I found it acceptable (and you are the first one to complain). Also, it's a little easier for people who understand Swedish. The short text right above the images explains what happens when you click.
I will consider your thoughts about the email link. I have to admit I didn't think much about it when I created it.

I'm not sure what you want to achieve with the site, but I'd expect it to receive a wider audience if you include an English translation of the OM page down at the bottom.

The truth is I'm not really sure what I want to achieve. But of course you're right, I need to include a translation.

Regards
Lasse

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow