Why is m43 doomed after A7s?

Started Dec 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
EinsteinsGhost
EinsteinsGhost Forum Pro • Posts: 11,977
Re: Why is m43 doomed after A7s?

Felice62 wrote:

You got a Sony Lens that I could use with A7R? or even a Nex? with Stabilisation?

In fact I have NO sony lenses and, frankly, I don't miss them.

Will all this ever stop?

It can't, you can't beat these in IQ, unless you prove you have a FF Sony Cam with a Sony Lens...sadly you don't and you can't unless you use the Sony DSLR that has IBIS...but yet you speak about IQ...lol...

What have IBIS or native lenses got to do with IQ. Really?!

Ever try shooting the A7R handheld with a 300mm Lens and no OSS?...didn't think so?...going to be a challenge...Sigma quit making OS lens for Sony Mount...and they actually have some awesome lens coming out, but have NO plans to make FE Lens for A7r and A7...

find some peace and live along with your nice m43 system and let full framers enjoy what they have.

I do...I have RX1 FF...A7r FF (without FE Lens)...Nex-7 APS-C (Without Long Tele AF Lens)...Nex-5N APS-C...Sony Rx100 x 2 "1"...Sony HDR-GW77...m43 x 2...Canon S95 1/1.7"...Nikon Coolpix A APS-C...Superzoom x 3 with Nikon TC-E17ED 1/2.33"...

I am at perfect peace except, for waiting on "Sony FE AF Lens"...

Still no FF nature photos in response?...didn't think so...

EVERY format has DISTINCT advantages over the other formats:

FF...m43...P&S...Superzoom...UW Cam's...

In fact, I am planning to purchase a nice m43 mini system to complement my A7.

I am by no mean a fanatic

Agreed, each system can compliment the others, some are actually "easier" to use to be perfectly honest...for me anyways...but ALL of them are very competent...an I like the choices...yes, it would be nice to shoot FF for everything, but then when you take off on a Mountain Bike for 20 mile ride and FF is not exactly forgiving in the weight dept unless it's the RX1, it is excellent, but then it is limited as well to 35mm...the A7r is going to really shine IF the Prime Wide Lens for Landscape turn out really well...300mm on the A7R?...without OSS, will require 1/1000 shutter, 1/800 minimum unless on a tripod, then I would still use OSS and a Fluid Ball for nature shooting...

I use every system and every camera and will continue, because there is NOT a camera made that can do everything without HUGE limitations....

-- hide signature --

--Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Sigma doesn't seem to prefer stabilization on its primes on any mount. The only Sigma primes that have stabilization are three longest macro lenses (105, 150 and 180) in which they include stabilization for all mounts as well (the fictitituous character's email response you took way too seriously was pulled out of thin air).

Sigma does include OS with its long zooms. The story is no different for premium lenses in Canon/Nikon world either. Canon L series and IS appear together in zooms and longer primes. The fact is, there is a greater need for stabilization with m43 platform for couple of reasons:
- smaller sensor limits high ISO choice
- smaller sensor leads people to think long rather than wide which makes stabilization even more critical.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ET2
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow