What cheap m43 'kit lens' to use for the OM-D E-M1? I have the 4/3 12-60 F2.8-4.0..

Started Dec 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DLGW Senior Member • Posts: 1,136
What cheap m43 'kit lens' to use for the OM-D E-M1? I have the 4/3 12-60 F2.8-4.0..

.. which I'll be using most of them, however it's a bit of a beast and doesn't autofocus in movie mode.

I'm currently leaning towards the original 14-42 from olympus as it's both very small, very light, and very cheap (all things the 12-60, bless it's beastly heart, isn't).

Is it any good? Are the other kit lens options from Oly or Panasonic much better?

The 12-40 f 2.8 looks like a cracker of a lens, but I'd miss the reach on the 12-60 and I don't want to spend the extra difference - and sometimes I just want something lighter and more portable and/or discreet.

DLGW's gear list:DLGW's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm 1:4.0 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +4 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow