Df disappointment

Started Nov 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Steve D4 RX 1 Regular Member • Posts: 124
Re: Df disappointment

LWS2013 wrote:

Shotcents wrote:

Never ever had a memory card fail while shooting. I don't know anyone who has, or anyone who has heard of anyone who has. Somewhere someone has of course.

It's very rare. I once put a CF card through the wash and it would not format, but I lost the card and not the pictures on it. I guess that wouldn't count. Someone gave me a set of Chinese SC cards with little dinosaurs on them and they didn't work at all...but that doesn't count either!

As pointed out, the camera or my sneakers are far more likely to fail. Maybe a single card slot is more robust? Who knows? I sure wouldn't worry about it. Dual slots are not a deal breaker for most folks

Robert

I don't personally know anyone else who's had a memory card fail or images corrupted but if you do a search or look on say customer reviews on Amazon for memory cards you'll find lots of them.

If your camera stopped working during a professional job then I would imagine you would have brought a spare/backup camera along so you could continue working, even then all the photos you'd taken prior to the first camera failing would be safe but in the case of a memory card failing all the photos wouldn't be safe.

if your camera or lens fails then how does that impact upon the photos you've already taken?

I haven't even read about the Df but I would never consider it for a paid assignment . Two card slots are insurance just like you buy for your home. It provides peace of mind. Of course when they were not available I didn't miss them.

i have recently started shooting some video with my D4 and in those instances I work without a net and use the second slot for the extra capacity. Video eats card space like peanuts. The flexibility offered by two slots is of great importance.  I always take two cameras on every assignment. Many times it is only a Sony RX1R but it's my wide angle of choice and you can crop it an insane amount.

+1 for two card slots.

-- hide signature --

Best,
Steve

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow