Started Nov 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
ranalli
ranalli Senior Member • Posts: 1,020
Re: No second slot => another example of poor value

John Motts wrote:

ranalli wrote:

Alpha Tech wrote:

ranalli wrote:

A quaint, nostalgic user experience DOES NOT NEED A SECOND SLOT. What is so hard to understand about that?

A quaint, nostalgic user experience in 2014 NEEDS A SECOND SLOT. What is so hard to understand about THAT?!

It's NOT a pro camera...it does not NEED a second slot. That is nothing more than a nice-to-have on an enthusiast camera. The fact that it is 2014, that the feature is on the D600, etc, etc does not mean it MUST be on this camera.

Again, this camera was built somewhat for style over pro-features use so the feature set is tailored exactly towards that.

I have a D90 I have been using for YEARS with THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of shots. I have NEVER had a card go bad on me. What that tells me is that you do not NEED redundancy like that on an enthusiast camera. Many others have been shooting with single slot cameras for YEARS with NO ISSUE. So from an enthusiast standpoint you do not need a dual slot. It's very simple really.

If I was shooting weddings or was a photojournalist then that would be a different story. Then again, this camera was not made nor marketed for those purposes.

The bottom line this...if your pictures are so important that you NEED a second slot THIS CAMERA IS NOT FOR YOU NOR MARKETED TO YOU.

And what is wrong with pros saying how much they would like this camera and that it would be perfectly acceptable for their uses except for this one thing? Who suddenly decided that constructive critique by professionals on a forum is no longer acceptable?

I notice that it's acceptable for people to complain about the lack of video.

That's not why I replied.  To say, "oh well I'm a pro and I don't think I'll buy this camera because it is missing dual slots...wish it had them" is one thing.

The poster above went a complete irrational step further saying that this camera is a poor value, overpriced, a corporate grab by Nikon, etc, etc.

Those are two completely different sentiments.  One is a rational decision not to buy the camera with a statement as to why, the other is a whiny complaint with no basis on fact.

ranalli's gear list:ranalli's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow