Df disappointment

Started Nov 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stuart001
Stuart001 Contributing Member • Posts: 592
Re: No second slot => another example of poor value

John Motts wrote:

Stuart001 wrote:

It's not about negative critique. The criticisms here seem mainly to be around people stamping their foot and saying 'But it's not the camera that I wanted!' If it doesn't work as Nikon designed it, criticise the camera. If it doesn't work FOR YOU that's not the camera's fault.

Right, by saying that I would have preferred it with two card slots, I am stamping my feet.

Any critique of a camera is now called "stamping your feet". Got it - thanks. I suppose it makes me a "hater" as well.

I didn't say that any critique was stamping your feet, only one that is completely misplaced.  Does a camera do what it was designed to do?  If not, criticism is perfectly in line.  But criticising a camera because it doesn't do what you (or me, or anyone) wanted it to do, is a pointless exercise and not criticism but expressing a personal opinion--which is perfectly acceptable, but it isn't a critique.

And it doesn't matter what you would have preferred.  Or what I would have preferred.  It's only got one card slot.  That's it.  You are quite within your rights to say that 'I won't buy it because it only has one card slot' but that's a different thing to saying it's therefore somehow flawed as a camera. For many people--the target market of the camera--the fact that it has only one card slot does not matter one whit.  I would prefer that Alpas cost $2000 but they don't so I can't justify buying one.  But that's my problem, not a fault with the camera.  (And I don't whinge about it.)

Stuart001's gear list:Stuart001's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow