Df disappointment

Started Nov 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Alan Brown
Alan Brown Veteran Member • Posts: 5,653
I don't think that is what he said..

yvind Strm wrote:

ultimitsu wrote:

jetstream wrote:

Even though dual card slot is nice to have, I really believe it's not at all important because the camera is approx 12000x more likely to fail than the memory card...

That estimation would be completely wrong. All memory cards will eventually fail, there is a limited life in how many times it can be rewritten.

Yes, thats right. But, as newer cards have approximately 1 million writes/reads in each block, and wear leveling, so most will never reach that.

It has been a while since I last did any statistics, but I am fairly sure the chance of a card fail isnt quite 1 in a million. even if each bit has 1 in a million chance of failure, the chance of sufficient number of bits fail thus rendering the card unusable is a lot higher than 1 in a million. no?

Just that the write cycle is very high.
higher than I thought it would be.

However. I agree two slots are worth their weight in gold

I'm amazed at the fickle nature of these fora.
When talking about pro equipment, single slot consumer camera are universally looked down upon ie ' You wouldn't want to risk a wedding couples memories with a single slot camera would you?'. But when you get to the Df... Many defend this lack as inconsequential .. 'Memory cards dont fail that often'

Df stands for defended perhaps?

It's probably a really nice camera. The sensor is the hook, no doubt.
--
There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness.' :'!':

Alan Brown's gear list:Alan Brown's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow