The best DX camera in the world

Started Nov 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
alba69 Forum Member • Posts: 55
Re: The best DX camera in the world

Completely agree with your sentiments & frustrations.

I'm quite heavily invested in Nikon lenses, or at least Nikon fit lenses & sold my wonderful D300, in order to fund a D800, which I love too. At the time, most of my stuff was landscape/seascape & architecture, but in the last year, have been doing some golf photography. While the D800 has been OK for this, I only had an 80-200 f2.8 (fabulous lens btw) & find that I could actually do with the longer reach  & higher frame rate a DX camera would bring with this focal length. I intend to use the D800 with the 24-70 & a cropped sensor camera with a 70-200, as a 2 camera set up. I can't afford a D4 with required f2.8 lenses.

I recently sold the 80-200 & have been looking around at cropped sensor bodies & lenses. The Pentax K3 looks great, but lack of telephoto zooms might be an issue, although the Tamron 70-200 looks good. Also, I have become used to the af-on method of working & don't believe the K3 has this. Forget the D7100: buffer issues, non rugged build & no af-on button. This brings me towards the Canon 7D, with a proven track record, if old technology. I'm seriously considering this option, along with the 70-200 f2.8 non IS. Another alternative would be to buy the Nikon 70-200 f2.8 vr2 & just wait it out in the hope the mythical D400 appears. The thing is, I don't fancy waiting much longer, I need another body & lens within the next 3-4 months.

It looks like Nikon will be losing out on my money this time.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
GPW
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow