Df disappointment

Started Nov 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bing Chow Senior Member • Posts: 1,788
Re: Df disappointment

LWS2013 wrote:

Bing Chow wrote:

Why stop at dual slots? Let's do triple slots! If there was such a camera, would there be anybody self-absorbed enough to think that their work is so important, so earth shattering, so vital to the advancement of human-kind that they cannot afford to lose it?

I'm just pointing out the silliness in the mindset that their work is so important that only dual slot cameras are worthy of their time. But then again, I don't shoot for money.

If you are photographing an event which will not be repeated then having and using dual backup memory cards acts as redundancy in the event that either card fails or is lost.

isn't the use of a dual slots obvious ?

It's not the use that is not obvious....it is the criticality of it that is by far in question on this thread.

The answer is "no", it is far from critical to have two memory slots on an enthusiast camera.  If you're considering shooting weddings or pro gigs with this then this is not the camera for you.

You hit the nail on the head. To write off a perfectly capable camera because of lack of dual slots is just a bit much to me. I'm not against dual slots. My next camera will probably have it. The idea that carrying a single slot body could be considered as carrying an unacceptable amount of risk is silly. Heck, let's hire a backup photographer too! Because the main shooter could take ill, get into a car accident, or worse.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow