Df disappointment

Started Nov 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Patrick McMahon
Patrick McMahon Senior Member • Posts: 1,276
Re: Proper care

adhall wrote:

Patrick McMahon wrote:

I have yet to have one of my DSLR's take a knock to the lens mount. Care for your equipment and it will care for you. Do accidents happen and things can break? Sure, but it sure as heck won't be a knock to my lens mount as long as I am caring for it.

do I expect the Df to be built like the D4? absolutely not. I want it to be a much lighter build. It is all a give and take.

Be well

A $3k camera should be better built than a D610... Yes, I take care of my equipment etc., but the whole point of buying an expensive camera is so that it will survive the occasional "accident".

1. You don't know that it can or can't handle a knock, or handle it better.

2. The idea that the paramount reason for your buying an expensive camera is so "that it will survive the occasional "accident"" speaks volumes.

i am not paying a premium for this camera so that it can survive accidents. And for that matter I never have...

Patrick McMahon's gear list:Patrick McMahon's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow